I’ve been bugging Doms to accompany me in Kampong glam for a photo walk. At last, he agreed and we went there yesterday.
Kampong Glam is located near Arab Street, Singapore. It is the mecca of all Malay and Arabian races. The street is full of textile stores and restos.
I love everything about this place because it’s so full of color and aromas of food,
To go to Kampong Glam, ride the Green Line and alight at Bugis Station. Take the Exit going to Raffles Hospital and walk towards Arab Street and Haji Lane.
If I was given the chance and talent, I’d like to be a “kid” photographer. I love kids! I’m not that sure if they love me, but I love them. Taking photos of kids is very natural They’ll do whatever pose you suggest and they’ll so it with no inhibitions and pretensions.They’re natural models because any kid will look good in any background.
So, when I had the chance, I took photos of the 2 kids that I’m always with here in Singapore, Yuan and Chloe.
Thanks to Yuan and Chloe for being such cute models and to Doms for helping me edit their photos in Photoshop.
I can’t believe that I’ve been lagging on my blog posts. It’s been 2 months since Doms bought me my shiny new toy for my birthday and I still don’t have a blog post about it. Good thing I have nothing much to do today so here it is.
I’ve been telling Doms that I like my own DSLR. I want to have my own gear since we are planning a lot of travels and places to go. So for my 28th birthday, (and before our Sydney trip), Doms bought me a Canon 1100D DSLR camera. I love it because it’s red!
I really don’t have a wide range of knowledge about cameras so I wouldn’t know anything about it. I just learned that my Canon 1100 D camera is a 12 mega-pixel entry level camera when we were buying it. It’s specs include:
- 12MP CMOS sensor
- 9-point AF system (up from 7 on the 1000D)
- 63-area iFCL color-sensitive metering (from EOS 7D)
- 720p movie recording at 30 or 25fps (H.264 compression)
- 2.7″ LCD, 230,000 dots
- ISO 100-6400 (no expansion)
- Basic+ creative point-and-shoot mode
- Eye-Fi wireless SD card compatible menu options
We got a good deal when we bought my camera in Funan Digital Centre. The package costs 780 SGD which includes an 8 GB memory card, Canon Camera Bag and Canon strap. If you buy this same camera in Canon Stores in malls, it will cost 899 SGD.
Instagram is one of my fave apps on my iPhone. Not only because it has cute filters but also because you can share and tag your photos to a stream of other users.
Instagram also has different groups assembled, usually by locations like IgersManila, where people can join and share their photos. They have themes or topics so users can have ideas on what to capture on their phones.
The largest group that I’ve joined so far is IgersManila.
IgersManila has a daily theme that users can use and tag their photos in every 9pm called #9pmhabit
Here are some of my photos that got “likes” from other users:
Instagram is a very good diversion since it allows me think of creative subjects to take. I really hope that one day, one of my photos will make it to the “POP” or popular page. I think my highest number of likes will be 35 and no more than that. I think I just need to practice more and think harder for creative subjects.
How to Join IgersManila?
- Download Instagram in your iPhone, IPad or IPod. It’s a free app so you don’t need to worry about the price.
- Search for @IGersManila then click FOLLOW. Look for @dindinstars and follow me too!
- Once you follow IGersManila, you will see a message in your stream everyday about the theme for tonights #9pmhabit.
- When 9 pm comes, upload at most 3 photos of your entry and tag it with #9pmhabit, #igersmanila, and the tag for the theme e.g. #meandmygadgets etc.
- That’s it! Your photo can now be seen by everyone and can be liked as well.
I hope this was helpful! See you in the IG World!