Again, Modern Family won an award as the best Comedy Series. This time it’s for the Screen Actors Guild Award (SAG). I really love watching this comedy series.
Congratulations to the writers, creators and actors of this woderful series. I hope baby Lily was here in this photos as well. I totally love her!
Yesterday, Doms and I had to get up early. Why? I need to amend my green passport to show my new married name and at the same time, renew it. I also need to get a pair of Overseas Employment Certificate or OEC, because I will be having a short Manila trip again this weekend to visit my dentist. It was a Sunday so most of the Pinoys here in SG will also do the same thing.
We arrived at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore 15 minutes before it’s actual opening time. I was so surprised because my queue number is 147 already and the cut-off was 150. Can you believe it?!?! 146 people came in earlier than us?!?!
Anyway, Passport Amendment and Pass Renewal has the same queue number. All the while I thought amendments and renewals are the same. I was wrong.
Since I am holding a green passport, I need to amend the green passport first with my new name, then that’s only time that I can renew it. I was thinking about this and I felt that they were just ripping me off because I need to pay an additional 34SGD for the amendment than just go straight to the renewal of my passport. But I just agreed to it because I have my US visa in my green passport. I asked one of the ladies in the Philippine Embassy and she told me that was the process. Take note, one big requirement in amending my passport to my new married name was the DFA Authenticated NSO Copy of our marriage certificate. Getting this usually takes a long time in DFA Manila but good thing we know someone working there and my parents got it immediately.
Processing fee for amending my passport is 34SGD and passport renewal costs 102SGD.
I will be getting my amended passport tomorrow and that’s the only time I can apply for my renewal. I hope everything goes well with the renewal process.
Claim Stub for my Passport. See how my name is changed already?
Requirements Needed for Philippine Passport Amendment (Singapore)
- Personal appearance of the applicant.
- Duly accomplished amendment form.
- Original and 1 photocopy of Passport Particulars of the applicant and the husband/wife of the applicant.
- Marriage Certificate from NSO that is duly authenticated by the DFA.
- Processing Fee of 34SGD.
- Original and 1 photocopy of IC.
Summary of Philippine Passport Amendment Process (Singapore)
- Go to the Philippine Embassy in Singapore located at the far flung area of Nassim Road. Be sure to be there early.
- At the main entrance, register your particulars in the log book and get a queue number.
- Go to Window 1 to get the “actual” queue number. Cut off number is 150.
- Wait your number to called either in window 8 or 9. We waited for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes for the number to be called.
- Once called, present the requirements mentioned above. Be sure that you get you claim stub.
- Pay for the amendment fee at Window 6.
- Be at the embassy to claim your passport in the time and date specified in the claim stub.
It’s been raining the whole week already here in Singapore. I love rain! I love the cool wind that the rain brings. I love the gloomy skies and all we need to do is stay indoors.
But when I’m outside during a rainy day, I hate it! I need to bring my big umbrella and my jacket. I need to travel wearing my rubber slippers and separately pack my office shoes to avoid getting it soaked.
Hay! I wish SG is like PH in these times. Konting ulan lang, wala ng pasok.
Wish, wish, wish!
About a year ago, Doms asked me if he could upgrade his Flickr Account to Pro. Naturally, I agreed because photography is part of his job and he usually show his Flickr Portfolio to clients. Flickr is an online library of all uploaded pictures and videos used to share to other people conveniently.
This year, when his account was about to expire, he asked me again and as always, I agreed.
I was so happy when he told me that part of renewing his Pro Account is a snapfish account as well. I love Snapfish because I can just send the picture link to anyone I want and they can just view it anywhere as long as they are online.
Aside from the Snapfish Account, there is also a free photobook! Amazing Yah?